There are many types of rehab therapy for seniors to help them recover from an illness or surgery. It can help rebuild their strength and mobility, decrease pain, and reduce the risk of falling. Rehabilitation therapy for seniors gives them a chance to improve their overall quality of life and get back to enjoying their golden years.
At Baptist Retirement Community, we offer several types of senior rehab therapy for residents and other seniors in the community. Our senior rehabilitation services help seniors regain as much independence as possible with individualized plans that best serve their needs. Continue reading for more information about the types of rehab therapy for seniors we offer, then call 325.313.7931 today to schedule a tour of our senior living community.
Types of Senior Rehab Therapy
Several types of senior rehab therapy can significantly improve the lives of seniors after a recent surgery or who are living with dementia or other neurological illnesses. Senior rehabilitation services are vital for improving seniors’ lives and can sometimes reduce the number of medications they rely on.
The various types of rehab therapy for seniors include:
- Occupational therapy: This helps seniors regain their ability to complete everyday activities like eating, dressing, or participating in favorite activities. Seniors can relearn skills they lost due to brain damage or cognitive decline. Therapists can also work with seniors to teach them new ways to complete tasks when an illness or injury prohibits certain movements.
- Physical Therapy: Therapists work with seniors to teach them special exercises and stretches to reduce pain and improve their strength and mobility. It can also help seniors with balance and coordination, improve their cardiovascular health, and show them how to use a cane or walker to help mobility.
- Speech Therapy: Seniors get help with improving speech patterns and cognitive function so they can communicate more effectively. It can help common age-related speech problems such as stuttering, resonance control, and aphasia.
At Baptist Retirement Community, certified therapists work with residents to improve their quality of life through our senior rehabilitation services. We identify each resident’s unique symptoms and goals to create a customized treatment plan that benefits them the most.
Benefits of Senior Rehabilitation Services
There are many benefits to participating in rehab therapy for seniors when recovering from surgery, an accident, or an increase in symptoms of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Just some of the benefits seniors can experience include:
- An individual treatment plan based on their unique symptoms: Therapists develop a custom plan that can include multiple types of senior rehab therapy to benefit physical and mental recovery.
- 24/7 care from professional staff: Medical staff and therapists are available all day and night to assist with seniors’ recovery and attend to any emergencies that arise.
- Continual updates during your therapy: As you progress through your treatment plan, your team will update your therapy to ensure you are getting the most out of your experience. They can change up your therapy, reduce medications, and allow you more freedom as your health improves.
- Less recovery time with a lower risk of rehospitalization: Recovering in a rehab facility decreases the risk of late-night falls or other accidents that can happen at home. Seniors tend to have faster recovery times when they have round-the-clock care.
- Access to services and amenities: Senior living communities offer more than rehabilitation services for seniors. There are plenty of socializing opportunities and activities to keep them entertained while recovering.
Baptist Retirement Community: Rehab Therapy for Seniors
Baptist Retirement Community provides dedicated therapists and medical professionals to assist with your recovery after surgery, accident, or illness. We provide several types of senior rehab therapy that include:
- Vestibular and balance
- Speech and swallowing
- Cognitive language-based therapy
- Wound care
Call 325.313.7931 today to speak with our knowledgeable staff about the different types of senior rehab therapy that we offer.