Faith-based senior living communities are just like standard senior living communities, except that they are geared towards those who wish to live in a community that shares their religious faith. It gives its residents more of a spiritual focus and support system, as well as opportunities to take part in religious activities within the community.
At Baptist Retirement Community, we care about every aspect of our residents’ lives, from their physical well-being to their spiritual walk. In our faith-based senior living community in San Angelo, one way we attend to the needs of our residents is through our chaplaincy program. For more information about our care options, services, and residences, contact our team today at 325.313.7931.
What Are Faith-Based Senior Living Communities?
A faith-based senior living community is a supportive housing option for seniors that is based on religious values. These types of communities provide care and assistance with activities of daily living while also promoting the spiritual well-being of residents.
Aspects of faith-based senior living communities include:
- Regular religious services
- Spiritual guidance and support
- A focus on the whole person: body, mind, and soul
- Most faith-based senior living communities will have a particular denomination that they are geared towards, such as Catholicism, Judaism, or Protestantism
If you are considering a faith-based senior living community, it’s important to choose one that shares your religious beliefs. This will ensure that you feel comfortable and supported in your new home.
Benefits of a Faith-Based Retirement Community
There are many benefits to choosing a faith-based senior living community. One of the main advantages is that residents can enjoy a supportive living environment while surrounded by others who share their religious faith. This can provide a sense of community and belonging for residents.
Other benefits include:
- The opportunity to participate in religious activities and services
- A focus on the spiritual well-being of residents and their families
- A supportive and caring community
- Many faith-based senior living communities offer a continuum of care, which means that residents can receive the level of care and assistance they need as their needs
- Because these types of communities are based on religious values, they typically have a code of ethics and moral standards that residents can rely on
- Faith-based senior living communities typically have a lower cost of living than other types of retirement communities
Find Faith in Senior Living at Baptist Retirement Community
At Baptist Retirement Community in San Angelo, Texas, we provide a faith-based retirement community for seniors who wish to live in a supportive and caring environment. Our team is committed to providing world-class care and services while also promoting the spiritual well-being of our residents.
Our community’s chaplain is here to support residents and associates from a spiritual perspective with weekly Bible studies and chapel services, as well as pastoral guidance for those who need it. Our chaplaincy program provides the following:
- Means for discovery
- Opportunities for training,
- Chances to grow.
Our chaplaincy program builds meaningful relationships with residents and heightens the comfortable, neighborly feel in our community. Our goal is to maintain a standard of excellence in the care and lifestyle we offer to the community. From our executive director to our certified nurses and culinary staff, the Baptist Retirement Community team is dedicated to meeting your needs by providing excellence in services, amenities, and care. Our community’s chaplain serves an essential purpose. Chaplain Kevin McSpadden brings extensive experience in parish ministry to the Baptist Retirement Community.