Senior living communities offer assisted living homes for seniors who need help with daily living activities. The age for assisted living can vary depending on the community and the level of care required. A senior assisted living program is based on each senior’s needs and can adjust as their health changes.
Baptist Retirement Community provides San Angelo residents with senior assisted living services that can begin at 65, 70, or 80. Our full-time RNs, therapists, and support staff are ready to work with you. To discover the benefits of our senior assisted living program, fill out our online assessment today, and one of our caring team members will call you back shortly.
Average Age for Assisted Living
The typical age for assisted living depends on the individual. Some facilities will welcome seniors as young as 55 if they suffer from conditions that impact their ability to care for themselves. Seniors over 70 who need assistance with two or more daily activities qualify for assisted living.
Here is a breakdown of the average age of seniors in assisted living according to a Consumers Affairs report in 2021:
- The average age of seniors in assisted living is around 84 years of age
- 52% of residents are over 85
- 30% of residents are between 75 and 84 years of age
- 71% of assisted living residents are women
- The average length of stay in assisted living is 22 months
At Baptist Retirement Community, our senior assisted living services are perfect for seniors who need help with daily living activities while living in a comfortable, private home. We have several spacious floorplans to choose from and various programs that can adjust to your changing health.
What to Expect From Assisted Living Program for Seniors
An assisted living program gives seniors the support they need to get the most out of their retirement. In many cases, this program provides seniors more freedom than living alone and eliminates home maintenance costs while increasing their socializing time.
Here is what you can expect from an assisted living program for seniors:
- Daily living activities – Seniors will have a dedicated staff to help them with bathing, dressing, grooming, and going to the bathroom. It also includes housekeeping and laundry services so you can spend more time relaxing with friends.
- Private and spacious homes – Seniors can choose from various floorplans so they can live in a comfortable home that doesn’t feel like a nursing home.
- Specialized training – Assisted living programs to include memory care for seniors with dementia. They also provide occupational and physical therapists to rebuild strength and improve balance and other skills.
- Safety and security – Seniors can relax within the community without worrying about getting lost or wandering outside. They have access to outdoor courtyards in a secure environment to keep them safe.
- Personalized care – Each resident receives a personalized care program based on their needs. The program is updated to include additional care as their health changes.
- Peace of mind – Children and loved ones can relax knowing you are safe and in the best environment for your retirement.
Moving into an assisted living community can give you a comfortable home within a community of seniors enjoying their retirement to the fullest. You get the attention you need from trained professionals while enjoying various daily activities and social events.
Enjoy Retirement With a Senior Assisted Living Program at Baptist Retirement Community
We offer independent and assisted living communities for seniors looking for a new home to enjoy their retirement. When you first meet with our staff, they will discuss your retirement goals and create a care program based on your current health. Over time, the program will change to meet any new health conditions.
If you are looking for a faith-based senior living community with a spiritual foundation, contact Baptist Retirement Community at 833.762.0756 today to schedule a tour of your new home.