At some point in most people’s lives, there will come a time when they may need to consider assisted living. Senior living communities offer several beneficial programs to aid seniors of all activity levels, from independent living to assisted living and full-time skilled nursing care. These programs give seniors the assistance they need to lead a full and enriching retirement. Many senior communities provide daily activities, planned outings, and healthy meal plans that adapt to dietary or medical restrictions.
Baptist Retirement Community is a full-service senior living community in San Angelo, Texas that offers different floorplans and care programs for active seniors and those who need more care. We build our assisted living programs around each resident’s health and medical requirements. Seniors will have private and comfortable rooms with a team of specialists to help with daily living needs, medication reminders, and physical, occupational, or speech therapy. To see if our senior assisted living program is right for you or your senior parents, call 325.313.7931 today to schedule a tour and meet our dedicated team.
When Is it Time to Consider Assisted Living?
There are many signs a loved one needs assisted living. It can be something minor, like repeatedly missing doctors’ or other appointments to forgetting to take specific medications at the right time. Usually, the signs come on slowly and can be hard to recognize when your parents need to consider moving into a senior assisted living program.
Some of the more common signs that it is time for assisted living include:
- You notice they are struggling to keep up with caring for themselves
- Caring for their home becomes a struggle
- They begin to have trouble driving and getting to appointments on time
- Experiencing a sudden health change that requires more care
- A lack of socializing opportunities
The average age a person enters an assisted living program is generally between 60-65, but it depends on the individual and their activity level. Seniors are living longer, more active lives; some won’t need this valuable service until much later in life. The benefit of senior living communities is they can offer care programs for various needs.
Baptist Retirement Community welcomes seniors of all activity levels to move into our community. We have independent living, assisted living, and long-term care programs for all stages of retirement. As our resident’s health changes, so will their care program to ensure they receive the appropriate level of care throughout their sunset years.
Reasons for Assisted Living
Recognizing the signs a loved one needs assisted living may not be as clear as most people think. Each person’s health and activity levels are different, as is when they need to consider assisted living will. If you feel your parents can benefit from moving into a senior living community, here are some reasons to consider an assisted living program:
- Closer access to medical care – Seniors will receive help with daily living tasks. This includes bathing, grooming, dressing, medication reminders, and physical therapies. Assisted living provides transportation services, dementia care, nutritious meal plans, and daily activities in a secure facility.
- No need to drive to social events – Often, senior communities will have an activities director who plans daily events and weekly outings. One clear benefit of moving into assisted living is seniors no longer have to drive to visit with friends or have a meal with them.
- Comfortable and private rooms – Seniors will stay in a home-like environment that is safe, comfortable, and secure. Seniors can retain their independence while being close to a team of professionals who will do all they can to make them comfortable and happy.
There are many reasons for assisted living programs that go beyond medical care. Being socially active is very beneficial to a happy retirement. A senior living community is the perfect place for seniors to make the most out of their golden years.
Join Baptist Retirement Community for Our Senior Assisted Living Program
At Baptist Retirement Community, our assisted living program for seniors offers comfortable homes and apartments. Our dedicated staff is here to help with our residents’ medical and daily living needs. Each senior resident receives a personalized care program based on their current needs. As their health changes, so will their care program without having to leave the community.