Long-term skilled nursing care is for seniors who need 24/7 support to improve their quality of life and get the most out of their retirement. This program can help seniors who need constant care due to medical conditions or advanced age. It helps seniors live comfortably while providing socializing opportunities in a secure facility. Senior long-term skilled nursing is essential to a well-rounded senior living plan that adapts to their changing needs.
We provide skilled nursing care for seniors who need round-the-clock care for a few weeks or several months. Our community welcomes seniors of all activity levels. We have private and comfortable homes, along with various programs and activities, for an enriching retirement experience. They get the medical support they need while being close to friends for an active social life. To learn more about senior long-term skilled nursing, call 833.762.0756 or fill out our online form today, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
What Is Skilled Nursing Care for Seniors?
Long-term skilled nursing care provides a high level of medical support for seniors who suffer a heart attack, stroke, or another serious medical event. It gives seniors 24/7 care from trained professionals who specialize in treating the common ailments most seniors struggle with. This can include medical support for treating heart failure, cancer, and cardiovascular disease, as well as treating diabetes and building muscle strength to avoid falls and broken bones.
Other types of long-term skilled nursing care include:
- Wound care
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- IV therapy and maintenance
- Medication management
- Assistance with daily living activities
Baptist Retirement Community is a full-service senior living community that supports seniors of all activity levels. In addition to long-term skilled nursing care, we offer independent and assisted living facilities, memory care, short-term rehabilitation therapy, and respite care services.
Available Services Provided in Long-Term Skilled Nursing Care
Senior long-term skilled nursing care can significantly improve seniors’ quality of life with care provided by experienced medical professionals. During admissions, staff will discuss the type of care needed, the types of medication they are taking, and any dietary restrictions they have to ensure they get the best care possible.
Here is just a small sample of the available services in long-term skilled nursing care:
- Daily living activities – An important part of senior care is helping them with bathing, grooming, dressing, going to the bathroom, and other tasks. It makes it easier for them to get out and enjoy spending time with other seniors.
- Medication management – Registered nurses will monitor vitals, dispense medications, and perform other duties to ensure seniors are comfortable and getting the care they need. They work closely with each patient and their therapists to monitor their progress and update the care necessary as their health improves or worsen.
- Physical therapy – Physical therapy is vital for the health and well-being of seniors. Seniors will work with physical, speech, and occupational therapists to regain strength and independence, reduce the risk of falling, and potentially regain some of their freedom.
- Transportation services – Seniors can get to their medical and health appointments on time without having to worry about finding a ride. A licensed and insured driver will transport seniors to and from the facility in a comfortable vehicle.
Long-term skilled nursing care plays a vital role in the care of your aging parents and loved ones. It can improve their chances of recovery after a major medical event and make their remaining time more comfortable.
Consider Baptist Retirement Community for Senior Long-Term Skilled Nursing
Our experienced nurses and medical staff have experience treating seniors who need 24/7 support after surgery or a medical emergency. Our cozy 10-room facility features an open floor plan and is designed to give seniors round-the-clock care. Meanwhile, it allows for socializing group meals and other beneficial activities.
We are a full-service senior living community that includes the following:
- Independent living
- Assisted living
- Memory care
- Short-term rehabilitation therapy
- Long-term skilled nursing care
- Respite care
To see if our senior long-term skilled nursing care is right for you or your aging parents, contact us at 833.762.0756 today to speak with our knowledgeable team.