Senior rehab therapy services allow seniors to make the most of their golden years while living at home or as full-time residents in a senior living community. Today’s seniors are living longer, more active lives and may not be ready to move into a community immediately. Seniors who experience an accident or sudden changes in health may require inpatient rehab therapy for several days or weeks. This can prevent falls and additional injuries, ensure medications are taken on time and in the proper dose and provide other services to care for their physical and mental needs.
Baptist Retirement Community is a full-service senior living community that offers long and short-term senior rehab therapy services. Our community employs a full-time staff of RNs, physical, speech, and occupational therapists, and other medical support staff to care for various physical and mental ailments. When you tour our facility, we will discuss the type of care necessary to get you back to your home stronger and healthier. For more information about our short-term rehabilitation therapy services, call 833.762.0756 or message us online today, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
Senior Rehab Therapy Services Offers Short-Term Rehab Therapy
Rehab therapy for seniors is an essential service for seniors who experience a sudden change in their health. As we age, our bodies naturally begin to deteriorate. Muscles lose their elasticity and strength, reaction times start to slow, and the potential for falls and breaking bones increases. Seniors living at home and still driving are at a higher risk of injuring themselves, which may require short-term rehab at a senior living community.
Some of the ways that short-term rehab therapy for seniors can help after a fall or car accident include:
- Restores full functionality based on each person’s activity level prior to the surgery or accident
- To provide a safer and faster recovery experience through round-the-clock care
- To improve muscle strength and flexibility to prevent falling and further injuries
At Baptist Retirement Community, our facility is designed to give seniors the best retirement with a full list of services for their health and well-being. We offer long and short-term rehab services in comfortable rooms and apartments and a long list of activities that are perfect for seniors of all activity levels.
Types of Rehab Therapy Programs for Seniors
There are several types of rehab therapy for seniors that can improve their physical health and reduce the risk of further injuries. You do not have to be a full-time resident to enjoy the therapeutic services and socializing activities that most senior living communities offer.
Here are some of the rehab therapy programs for seniors that you can expect from a senior living community:
- Physical therapy – Physical therapy for seniors can treat conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis, cancer, joint replacement, and balance disorders. It can speed up the recovery process after knee or hip surgery, improve fitness levels, and go a long way in reducing pain from stiff joints or muscles.
- Occupational therapy – This type of therapy can help restore and improve common everyday tasks. Therapists work with seniors to improve their strength, dexterity, range of motion, and mobility. This can greatly reduce accidents and falls in the home and help seniors regain some or all of their independence.
- Speech therapy – Seniors who suffer a stroke, dementia, or other neurological diseases can restore some, if not most, of their cognitive ability. Therapists work with residents to improve communication functionality and teach safe swallowing through diet modification and special feeding techniques. They will also work on muscle retraining and other therapies to improve their daily lives.
Senior rehab therapy services are available for those who need short and long-term care to support a safe recovery and get them back to their normal level of functionality. In addition, this gives them a chance to experience a senior living community and can make the transition much easier when it’s time.
Learn More About Short-Term Rehabilitation Therapy at Baptist Retirement Community
At Baptist Retirement Community, we welcome seniors of all activity levels and those who need short-term rehabilitation care after an accident, stroke, or major surgery. Our community provides short and long-term rehabilitation services that include memory care, skill-nursing care, and respite care. If this is your first time in a senior living community, short-term rehab is an excellent way to see what life is like in our all-encompassing retirement community.
To schedule a tour of our facility and talk about our rehabilitation therapy services, contact us at 833.762.0756 today to speak with our friendly team.