Caring for aging parents or loved ones can take a toll on you physically and mentally. Caregivers need to take a break once in a while so they can avoid making a mistake in their care because they are tired or burned out. How does respite care work? Senior respite care provides full-time medical care and support for seniors through a senior living community while their regular caregivers take time off. This is very beneficial for caregivers as it gives them peace of mind knowing the person they care for is in good hands.
At Baptist Retirement Community, we offer short-term care for seniors in our senior living community. We provide comfortable and private rooms along with medical care and resident programs for seniors while their regular caregiver is taking a necessary break. Call 833.762.0756 today to speak with our friendly staff and schedule a tour to see how our respite care in San Angelo, TX, can help.
How Does Respite Care Work?
The demand placed on caregivers increases every year as our population ages and lives longer. It can create so much tension and stress that it puts caregivers at a higher risk of caregiver burnout. This condition can lead to PTSD and other serious mental health issues if caregivers do not take time away from their duties. Respite care provides caregivers a chance to take time away from their duties without sacrificing the care they are giving.
Respite services can help with a number of care services, including:
- Help with daily living activities such as bathing, dressing, and eating
- Help with getting in and out of bed
- Medication management
- Getting the appropriate amount of exercise
- Taking trips outside to enjoy the weather
- Medical and therapeutic care
At Baptist Retirement Community, we offer short-term care for seniors whose caregivers need to take time off without sacrificing their level of care or comfort. For seniors experiencing a senior living community for the first time, it gives them a chance to see what life is like in our facility so that they can feel better about a possible transition into full-time care later on.
Providing Short-Term Care for Seniors
Short-term care for seniors can provide all of the medical and therapeutic care seniors receive at home and much more. Senior living communities offer round-the-clock care to better serve their residents and seniors in the community who need short-term care while their regular caregivers are on vacation.
Short-term care for seniors includes:
- Medical care: Skilled nurses and medical staff will provide the necessary care seniors need so that they remain healthy and comfortable. Nurses and staff will monitor vitals, provide medication, and any other medical needs seniors require.
- Therapeutic care: Seniors will have access to physical, occupational, and speech therapy to continue working on improving their health and well-being.
- Socializing and activities: One significant benefit of a senior living community is the opportunity to socialize with other seniors. They can visit with old friends, form new relationships, and participate in any activities they offer.
- Nutritious meal plans: For seniors with specific dietary restrictions, culinary experts will create healthy meal plans based on any medical or dietary requirements.
Baptist Retirement Community Provides Compassionate Respite Care in San Angelo, TX
At Baptist Retirement Community, we offer short-term and long-term care for seniors whose regular caregiver is taking time off or are ready to live full-time at our senior living community. Often, seniors will choose to remain in our community for the social benefits and take advantage of the many benefits a senior living community affords.
Our facility in San Angelo offers:
- Private and comfortable rooms
- Specific medical care
- Nutritious meal plans
- Socializing with other seniors
- Chaplaincy services
- The opportunity to participate in fun activities
- 24/7 staff to care for your needs
If you still have questions about respite care, call 833.762.0756 today for more information on our respite services in Texas.