Downsizing for retirement can be difficult if you don’t prepare for it. There are many benefits of downsizing into a senior living community. You can maintain your independence while being closer to friends and dedicated staff to care for your needs as they change. Baptist Retirement Community offers seniors a variety of living options and enriching activities in our senior living community.
Baptist Retirement Community is a part of Buckner Retirement Services with six unique locations throughout Texas. Our San Angelo senior living community offers seniors independent living with spacious apartments and private rooms and plenty of fun activities and social events. Our goal is to ensure our residents enjoy their golden years without having to worry about finding care as their health declines. To schedule a tour and meet our friendly staff, call 833.762.0756 today or take our online assessment and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
When is the Right Time to Downsize for Retirement?
Deciding to downsize for retirement isn’t an easy decision. Many seniors worry they are giving up their freedom and won’t be able to do the things they enjoy. Today’s senior living communities offer residents comfortable and spacious apartments and several enriching activities and social events to fill their days. Plus, they come with a full-time staff to care for your needs as they change.
Some of the common reasons to downsize for retirement include:
- Caring for your home is becoming too expensive or troublesome
- You want to sell your home or give it to your children
- You want to be closer to your friends who have moved into a senior living community
- Your health is beginning to decline, and you need more assistance with daily activities
At Baptist Retirement Community, our residents enjoy nutritious meals, fun social activities, and other services at our senior living community. We have floorplans for one and two-bedroom apartments and studios, an activities director to plan events, and full-time nursing and therapeutic staff with experience caring for seniors.
The Benefits of Downsizing for Retirement
There are plenty of benefits of downsizing in senior living that can make life easier for you and your children who worry about you. They will get the peace of mind that you are close to the care you need as you age. At the same time, you get the benefits of living in a senior living community that will help you get the most out of your retirement.
Just some of the benefits of downsizing for retirement include:
- You won’t have to worry about cleaning multiple rooms you rarely use or caring for landscaping, which can be costly.
- Moving into a senior living community allows you to go through your belongings and declutter your life. Sell the things you no longer want to keep and give heirloom items to your children.
- Selling your home can boost your savings account and help fund your retirement.
- Be closer to your friends and peers, so you don’t have to drive to see them.
- Have access to fun activities and social events that you can participate in at your leisure.
Join Baptist Retirement Community for Your New Home at Our Senior Living Community
At Baptist Retirement Community, we are here to make downsizing for retirement into our senior living community as easy and stress-free as possible. We employ a full-time staff of nurses, therapists, clergymen, and support staff to give you proper care, based on your individual needs.
Our community offers a wide range of services to benefit your retirement, including:
- Independent living
- Assisted living
- Memory care
- Long-term care
- Respite care
Get the most out of your retirement by joining our senior living community. Reach out to our team today at 833.762.0756 to discover all that our community has to offer for your retirement.