What is long-term skilled nursing care, and how can it benefit your retirement? Today’s seniors are living longer, more active lives, but they still face the typical age-related decline that comes with aging. As seniors age and their health changes, long-term skilled nursing care can provide them with the care and services they need to be comfortable and happy during their golden years.
Baptist Retirement Community is a senior living community in San Angelo, TX, that offers long-term skilled nursing care and other services for our residents. We have a variety of apartments and private rooms for all stages of your retirement. We also have an experienced staff of therapists and nurses to care for your changing needs. For more information about our long-term skilled nursing care services, call 325.313.7931 today to schedule a tour of our senior living community.
What is Long-Term Skilled Nursing Care?
Today’s seniors are enjoying their golden years well into their 80s, 90s, and even into their 100s. Long-term skilled nursing care provides the care and services seniors need as their health begins to decline. This can be anything from medication reminders, help with bathing and grooming, and physical therapy to improve mobility and cognitive function. A senior living community offers seniors a community where they can socialize with friends. Also, they don’t have to worry about their changing health.
Those who can benefit from long-term skilled nursing care include:
- Seniors living alone and don’t get enough exercise or social time
- Unable to perform certain daily living activities without help
- Laundry and housekeeping become too difficult
- Does not eat a healthy diet
- They are isolated from friends and peers
- Unable to drive to appointments or to visit friends
- Suffers a major change in their health due to stroke, heart attack, or other medical condition
At Baptist Retirement Community, we support our residents with our long-term skilled nursing care services. Our homes and private rooms allow you to keep your independence. At the same time, you can be close to friends and staff who are available 24/7 to help with your needs.
What to Know About Long-Term Senior Care
When searching for a senior living community, you want to make sure the community you choose can care for your needs as they change. Today’s senior living communities provide support for active seniors and those who need additional help with daily living or recovery after a stroke or other medical incident. As seniors age, they will receive additional care while allowing them to retain as much independence as possible.
Some of the long-term skilled nursing care services that are available include:
- Daily living activities – Seniors will receive support for daily activities such as bathing, grooming, and dressing while living in private and semi-private rooms.
- Physical therapy – Residents can rebuild their strength and cognitive functions through physical, speech, and occupational therapy. Therapists will work with each resident’s individual needs to improve their physical or mental health.
- Full-time staff – A dedicated staff is on-site 24/7 to take care of laundry and housekeeping services, transportation to doctors and other appointments, and specialized wound care.
- Social activities – Seniors will be able to interact with others through planned social outings and other activities such as game nights, book clubs, and arts and crafts.
Baptist Retirement Community offers an on-site pharmacy, a culinary team to cook healthy meals, a beauty salon, and other services to make your retirement a fun and enriching experience.
Baptist Retirement Community Offers Effective Long-Term Skilled Nursing Care
What is long-term skilled nursing care? At Baptist Retirement Community, we employ a full-time staff of certified nurses and therapists who dedicate themselves to caring for your needs. Our team will work with your specific needs to create a treatment program to help you lead a full and engaging retirement.
If you would like to speak with our friendly staff about moving into our senior living community, give us a call today at 325.313.7931 or fill out our online assessment, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.