WFinding dementia care for parents is essential for their well-being and peace of mind. Seniors with dementia are more likely to struggle with their care and begin forgetting important information, such as taking medications or how to take care of themselves. Memory care services can help slow the progression of neurological disorders and can restore some lost functions, such as speaking clearly and remembering the faces of friends and family members.
At Baptist Retirement Community, we work with senior adults living with dementia and provide them with a comfortable and secure home dedicated to their care. Our community includes faith-based dementia care programs, beauty and salon services, nutritious meal programs, a secure outdoor courtyard for socializing, and much more. Each resident will have a tailored treatment plan created for them that can adapt as their health changes. To see if our dementia care program is suitable for your parents, call 325.313.7931 today to speak with one of our team members.
What Is Dementia Care for Parents?
Dementia care is a type of program that involves several types of therapies to improve memory retention and relearn lost abilities. This can include communicating with others, eating and swallowing properly, and moving around more independently with minimal risks of falling. A dementia care program provides a safe residence for seniors with set routines and schedules to eliminate any confusion or agitation.
Knowing when to enroll your parents in a dementia care program is essential for their continued well-being and overall health. If you are unsure when the right time is, look for these signs that point to worsening dementia and the need for full-time care:
- They struggle to make simple decisions or figure out a problem
- They are frequently confused about the time of day or where they are
- They experience worsening mood swings
- They forget to take their medications regularly
- They begin struggling to recognize friends and family
- Their personal hygiene is neglected
- They begin experiencing incontinence
At Baptist Retirement Community, we can handle all of your parent’s dementia care. We have two communities dedicated to dementia care services. Both provide our residents with medical, psychological, and therapeutic care.
The Benefits of Dementia Treatment for Parents
Finding dementia treatment for your parents will become necessary when their symptoms worsen to the point that they can no longer safely live alone. Senior living communities are equipped to handle all types of neurological disorders. They provide a safe space for your parents to enjoy their retirement. Just some of the benefits of dementia care for parents include:
- Professional care services – Dementia care programs provide several therapeutic activities that include speech, occupational, and physical therapy. They also help with medication management, assistance with daily living activities, and healthy meal plans.
- Structured environments – Your parents will stay in comfortable rooms with set routines for meal times, therapies, and socializing with others. This eliminates any confusion or agitation that can come from any unfamiliarity of their surroundings or changes to their routine.
- Less chance of getting lost – Facilities that specialize in dementia treatment for parents will have a secure residence. Some communities also provide secure outdoor courtyards so their residents can still enjoy nature.
- Medication management – Seniors who take multiple prescriptions risk taking the wrong pills or forgetting to take them altogether. Medical staff will take care of administering and refilling medications on time. They will ensure that there are no complications or adverse side effects from any new medications.
Finding a safe place that can handle your parent’s dementia care is essential for their well-being and yours. Caring for parents with dementia requires specialists who know how to care for dementia patients.
Baptist Retirement Community Offers San Angelo Seniors Compassionate Dementia Care Programs
At Baptist Retirement Community, we provide care for seniors of all activity levels. Our programs are tailored to the individual and their medical needs. We have experience treating all neurological disorders and other common age-related ailments. To introduce your parents to our community and all we have to offer, contact us at 325.313.7931 today to schedule a tour and meet our dedicated team.