There will come a time when you will need more care than you or your family can provide. As daily activities like housekeeping and cooking become too tiring or difficult to handle every day, it is time to consider moving into a senior living community. Assisted living for seniors gives them the support they need while being close to other seniors to socialize with and get more out of their sunset years. A senior assisted living program is the best decision to make when living at home alone significantly decreases your quality of life.
At Baptist Retirement Community, we support seniors of all activity levels through our spacious senior living community in San Angelo, TX. Our assisted living program includes private homes with various floorplans for you to choose from, along with 24/7 staff and plenty of life-enriching activities. Our community is set up to meet your needs as they change with age. To learn more about our senior assisted living program, call 325.313.7931 today to schedule a tour of our beautiful homes and community.
Is Senior Assisted Living Right For You?
Today’s senior living communities offer plenty of activities and programs to enrich seniors’ lives and get the most out of their retirement. An assisted living program allows seniors to continue being as active as they want with support from professional caregivers who will see to their daily needs.
Deciding to move into an assisted living home takes work. Many seniors fear losing their independence and freedom yet don’t see how limiting their lives are by continuing to live alone. Some of the signs that a senior assisted living community is right for you include:
- Home and yard maintenance becomes too difficult to continue
- You are living alone and feeling depressed due to a lack of social activity
- You need help with bathing, eating, and dressing
- Going to doctors’ appointments or running errands gets harder and harder to do alone
- You miss your friends because it’s too difficult to get ready and visit them
- You are unable to drive yourself
At Baptist Retirement Community, our retirement assisted living programs give you the daily support you need with comfortable apartments and rooms. You can relax in your private home, socialize with other seniors, and get the medical care you need without leaving the community.
3 Benefits of Assisted Living for Seniors
There are many benefits of moving into a senior assisted living home. You won’t have to worry about asking family or friends for a ride to appointments or running errands, and you will be close to professional care in an emergency.
Here are three additional benefits of assisted living for seniors:
- Daily living support – One of the key benefits of assisted living for seniors includes help with bathing, dressing, and grooming. Professional staff will assist you with medication management, housekeeping services, memory care, and physical therapy to improve your mental and physical health.
- Socializing opportunities – Isolation and depression can quicken the effects of aging and decrease your quality of life. A senior living community provides organized social events and outings such as game nights, book clubs, computer classes, arts & crafts, and other programs to engage your mind and keep you active.
- Nutritious meal plans – Poor eating habits are a big problem for seniors living alone and can negatively impact their health. Seniors will have access to nutritious meals and snacks, cooking classes, and regularly scheduled meal times. Some floorplans offer kitchens for those who can still cook for themselves.
Moving into a retirement assisted living community is the smart choice when daily living becomes too difficult without help. They offer safety and support for seniors while giving them everything they need to enjoy their sunset years.
Join Our Senior Assisted Living Program at Baptist Retirement Community
Baptist Retirement community is home to happy seniors who make the most of their retirement. We welcome all seniors interested in moving into a community that can support their medical needs as they age and their health declines. Our full-service community provides assisted living for seniors along with a full complement of services that include:
- Independent living
- Respite care
- Short-term rehabilitation therapy
- Long-term skilled nursing care
- Memory care
If you feel it is time to move into assisted living for seniors and have questions, contact us at 325.313.7931 or fill out our online assessment form to discover all of the benefits of our senior living community.