Long-term skilled nursing care has many benefits to help seniors who need extended care after an illness, surgery or general decline in health. Medical professionals work with residents to meet their medical needs and help make them as comfortable as possible. At the same time, residents enjoy the social benefits and activities that come standard with a vibrant senior living community. Long-term skilled nursing care is one part of the many programs and services that Baptist Retirement Community offers our residents.
At Baptist Retirement Community, we provide compassionate services in long-term senior care for our residents who require continuing skilled nursing care. Residents will have access to all the medical services they need to maintain their health by professionals dedicated to ensuring their well-being. Learn more about the advantages of skilled nursing care by contacting us at 833.762.0756 today.
Advantages of Skilled Nursing Care
Skilled nursing care offers temporary rehabilitative care to help seniors who experience an accident, illness, or surgery. It assists seniors in transitioning from hospital to their permanent home. This can benefit seniors who are first undergoing major surgery and is an excellent introduction to life within a senior living community.
The average length of skilled nursing care typically lasts 20–38 days and provides the following type of care:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Wound care
- Intravenous (IV) therapy
- Injections and medication management
- Monitoring vitals and medical equipment
Long-term skilled nursing care provides compassionate care for seniors over an extended period when the average time period of skilled nursing care is not long enough. At Baptist Retirement Community, our senior living community can provide long-term skilled nursing care that may be necessary for seniors who need care for several months or as their final home.
3 Benefits of Long-Term Skilled Nursing Care
For some seniors who need medical or therapeutic assistance for more than the average length of skilled nursing care, long-term skilled nursing care may be necessary. Residents stay in private rooms where medical staff will be available 24/7 to assist in their care. Just some of the services in long-term senior care that can benefit seniors include:
- Reducing the risk of rehospitalization: Seniors who try to recover from surgery or illness with help from family or a part-time caregiver may discover that it’s not enough. They may not be there late at night when falls are more likely to happen or have the necessary skills to provide the appropriate level of medical assistance. Plus, it reduces any strain on family members responsible for their care.
- Professional 24/7 care: One of the biggest benefits of long-term skilled nursing care is access to round-the-clock care by certified medical professionals. This can include medication management for residents who need to take medication at specific times to help them with daily activities like bathing and dressing.
- Social engagement: Social engagement and available activities are another key benefit of staying in a senior living community. Staying socially active is extremely important for seniors’ mental health and overall well-being.
Enjoy the Benefits of Long-Term Skilled Nursing Care at Baptist Retirement Community
At Baptist Retirement Community, we offer long-term skilled nursing care as just one part of our senior living community. We provide private and comfortable homes and rooms for seniors of all activity levels and offer the perfect community for spending their golden years. We offer a full range of services such as:
- Independent living
- Assisted-living care
- Memory care
- Long-term skilled nursing care
- Respite care
- Short-term rehabilitation therapy
If you would like more information about the benefits of long-term skilled nursing care, call 833.762.0756 today to speak with our friendly staff and schedule a tour of our facility.