Seniors are living longer, more active lives than ever and want to lead a full and enriching retirement. The best way to do that is to find a retirement community with a wide range of programs and services to help you get the most out of your golden years. Today’s seniors want private and spacious homes with access to social events, restaurants, and other activities at their doorstep. Joining a senior retirement community means no more yard work and home maintenance to worry about and can save you money.
Baptist Retirement Community is part of the Buckner Retirement Services with six locations throughout Texas. Our facility in San Angelo provides seniors with independent and assisted living services with comfortable homes and apartments in various floorplans. In addition, we also offer planned social activities, events, and other services to benefit your retirement. If you would like to schedule a tour of your new home, please call 325.313.7931 today to visit our senior retirement community.
Knowing When It’s Time for a Retirement Community
Retirement communities for seniors offer life-enriching activities and medical support to address their health as it changes. A full-service senior living community is designed to adapt to each senior’s changing health as they age without worrying about moving out of the community. They come with a full-time staff of therapists, medical professionals, and support staff to meet the wide-ranging needs of their residents.
You don’t have to wait until you need more medical care before moving into a senior living community. Today, healthy seniors are moving to a retirement community for many reasons other than their health:
- Homeowners can stop paying landscaping, pool cleaning, and other maintenance fees.
- Selling your home can fund your retirement and cut out HOA fees and homeowner insurance costs.
- You can begin downsizing and selling furniture or other household items or giving them to children.
- It reduces the need to drive and can cut down on gas and car insurance costs.
At Baptist Retirement Community, our senior living community gives residents a welcoming environment with spacious homes and apartments, a renowned restaurant, and a community center for socializing. Seniors can still enjoy their independence while being close to friends and medical services for a rewarding retirement.
The Benefits of Joining a Senior Living Community
There are many benefits of moving into a senior living community now instead of when your health requires it. Seniors can continue living independently and focus more on relaxing and enjoying their retirement.
Here are just some of the benefits of joining a senior living community:
- Delicious and healthy eating options – Full-service retirement communities for seniors will give residents access to nutritious meals and snacks throughout the day. They can also teach residents about cooking nutritious meals if they prefer to cook for themselves.
- Safety and security – Residents will have everything they need to enjoy their retirement without having to leave the community. Community centers are secure to prevent residents from getting lost or wandering, and staff is on-site 24/7 in case of emergencies or accidents.
- Health and wellness programs – To keep seniors healthy and active, many communities offer exercise programs for all activity levels. This can include water aerobics, chair yoga, weight lifting, swimming, hiking, biking, and other activities.
- Social activities – Being social is very important for seniors. Many retirement communities come with an activities director to plan outings and social events that residents can participate in. Activities include music lessons, arts & crafts, nature walks, scrapbooking, game nights, and dance parties.
- Transportation services – Residents can reduce the risk of car accidents by utilizing transportation services for doctor appointments and other medical services. Communities will often have routine trips planned to grocery stores as well as providing transportation for planned events.
Joining a retirement community is not what it used to be. Today’s seniors are living longer, more productive lives and want a facility that can give them the comfortable and fulfilling retirement they deserve.
Join Baptist Retirement Community’s Senior Retirement Community
At Baptist Retirement Community, our senior living community offers independent and assisted living for seniors who are ready to start their retirement and live in luxury and comfort. Our community is ideal for seniors who want a place where they can relax and enjoy their freedom while knowing they have close access to the medical care they need as their health declines. We have spacious homes and apartments to meet a wide range of living styles.