reWho are long-term skilled nursing care candidates? They are people who can benefit the most from living full-time in a senior living community. Senior adults who need more attention than a part-time at-home care provider can handle can flourish in this environment. It includes help with ADL (activities of daily living) along with 24/7 monitoring and therapeutic services for seniors with chronic medical conditions or other disabilities that require full-time care.
Baptist Retirement Community provides seniors with a fulfilling retirement. We offer private rooms, apartments, and homes that are perfect for seniors of all activity levels. Our long-term nursing care facility specializes in helping seniors who need 24/7 care in a home-like setting with a smaller staff-to-resident ratio. They receive high-quality care that will have them back on their feet and home in no time. To see if you are a good candidate for long-term skilled nursing care, call 325.313.7931 today to speak with our friendly team.
What Is Long-Term Nursing Care?
Long-term nursing care is for seniors who need round-the-clock care to maintain a certain quality of life. This could be for their remaining years or while recovering from surgery or a recent medical condition. Care programs are unique to the individual and can last from several weeks to months or even years. Some estimates put the average length of stay in a long-term care facility can range from 12 months to up to 3 years.
The following a types of services and amenities that a long-term nursing care facility provides can include:
- Assistance with bathing, grooming, and dressing
- 24/7 nursing and medical staff
- Options for private and semi-private rooms
- Daily housekeeping and laundry services
- Full-time physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Specialized wound care
- Transportation services
Some locations may offer beauty and salon services, socializing activities, an on-site pharmacy, nutritious meal plans, and other beneficial services. Treated ailments may include:
- Recovery from a car accident or serious injury
- Mild to severe brain injury
- Pulmonary diseases
- Spinal cord injury
- Other serious medical complications
Baptist Retirement Community welcomes all candidates for long-term skilled nursing care. Our communities, The Haven and The Cottages, provide a home-like setting with ten private and semi-private rooms. We also provide a secure community center for socializing and group activities.
Long-Term Skilled Nursing Care Candidates
To determine if a long-term nursing care program is appropriate for you, a full assessment of your physical and mental health will be performed by a professional therapist. This allows the facility to determine which type of care is necessary and create a care program that supports their recovery or maintains a certain quality of life. If you are considering long-term skilled nursing care, here are some of the qualifications that make a person a good candidate for this program:
- Age – Seniors are living longer, healthier lives, making the average age that seniors need long-term care between 75 to 84 years of age. The largest age group in long-term nursing care is 85 years and older.
- Physical conditions – Seniors who suffer a broken leg or hip face a longer recovery as our bodies take longer to heal. Physical therapists can assist with rebuilding strength, stamina, and balance. This type of therapy will greatly reduce the risk of falling and increase seniors’ ability to live independently.
- Poor conditions at home – Seniors who do not get enough exercise or eat a poor diet will experience a number of serious health complications as they get older. Their lifestyle makes them the perfect long-term skilled nursing care candidates, as they can greatly improve their physical health.
The qualifications that make seniors good candidates for long-term skilled nursing care are unique to them and their health history. When meeting with a long-term nursing facility, they will evaluate your health to determine the best options for your care.
Baptist Retirement Community: A Long-Term Nursing Care Facility in San Angelo, TX
We are a full-service senior living community with long-term skilled nursing care facilities for seniors who need 24/7 care. Our long-term skilled nursing care candidates range from those who need physical therapy post-accident to those who are recovering from a neurological event.